The use of LC Components
An LC Component is used for the Loopback test of High speed I/O ports such as USB, ThunderBolt, PCI, SATA , etc.
In order to test a High-Speed I/O port, ATE s with a high speed channel of several GHz or greater are required. Significant investment of these high speed ATEs are required for mass-production testing. To reduce test costs, most semiconductor manufacturers use a loopback test circuit concept shown below to test high-speed I/O ports.
[Figure1. Loopback Concept Diagram]
[Figure2. Loopback Component Concept Diagram]
High-speed mechanical relays typically used in the loopback test, are expensive, space constrained, and short-lived. To overcome this, TSE developed a very compact loopback component by utilizing MEMS technology.
Advantages of LC Components
- LC components have been developed for the purpose of the high-speed I/O port loopback test.
- Components could be smaller since MEMS technology is used for manufacturing the Inductor, and the layout efficiency of the design space could be improved since capacitors are also included in the package.
- The footprint has been reduced to 1/7 compared to of the existing RF Relay, and it is possible to realize the total loopback trace length within 3 “.
- The Loopback Test cost has been lowered at an affordable price , compared to the existing relays.
- The LC components are ROHS-certified products.
- It is possible to develop specialized components for the purpose of customers.
Types of LC Components
If you have any inquiries, please fill out the form below to submit it.
We will make every effort to reflect your requests.